Sunday, May 2, 2010

Little boys make me laugh.

Things that make motherhood so entertaining are:
Cal was watching me get dressed and said, "Hey! That's my braaaa-ccoli." Bra/Broccoli...same thing. 

 Cal walked in to my room right after waking up one morning and said, "What time is it mom? What are we doing today."  I proceeded to tell him he really should try and wait a few more years before stressing about such questions.  A day or two later he came running in after waking up and with a face full of smiles said, "I had the best dream about horses mom!"  That's better. 

Cal new found hobby of making ice cream sundaes and chocolate milk all by himself. Whenever he wants (or I should say whenever mom is not in the kitchen).  I have to say I am impressed at his ability to dish a large bowl of hard ice cream and pour milk with out spilling.  (I should clarify that he doesn't always use a bowl.  Sometimes I find him pouring the chocolate syrup directly into the carton...that works too.)

Me: "Let's go potty before bed." Cal: "I already went."  Me: "When?"  Cal: "Ummm, on Thursday I think.  At Mateus' house."   

Answering the door in my bathrobe to find a friend who was returning my two year old. (I hadn't even gotten in the shower and he escaped.)

Cal: "I like orange potatoes and green basketballs."  (Sweet potatoes and peas.) 

It was a good week!
p.s. Strawberry picking was oodles of fun as well. Even if the two year old did insist on wearing his shorts backwards.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Love this Annie.

My neighbor (which I'm lucky enough is my sister in law) returned my one year old Ellie for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm sure I have many more of these experiences to come!

Loni said...

So funny! Oh the Callin is such a ham! Just imagine what a fun adult he is going to make. :)

Karen S. said...

I thought the kids were playing in the backyard yesterday when the doorbell rang. It was Charlotte ready to come in. Nice.

Heather said...

I love reading all the funny things Cal does. It helps me realize it isn't just at my house. :)

J said...

you've got some happy boys in your family Annie (all three of them). looking at Cal's pictures just brings back that magic of boyhood - seeing his expressions helps me almost remember what it was like. wish there was some way to bottle up that feeling, or market it as a pill somehow.