This month I will be turning the grand old age of 27. For some reason, all week I have almost been haunted by the fact that live is passing really quickly. A month or so ago there was a high school party on my street and my two girlfriends and I stepped outside to house to get a better peak. The cops showed up, everyone dispersed. We asked a a couple of guys walking by what was going on. In his coolest Southern-African-American-teen voice he asked, "Y'all grown?" As in "why do you old ladies want to know about the younger crowds life?" Yes, I am almost 27. Apparently that means I am growing up, but somehow I still fell about 15.
I still have a lot I want to do in life, and I guess I just realized that I can't wait too long to do it. I want to be less critical and more patient. I want to play my violin more. I want to learn more about the New Testament. I want to be a birthing doula. I want to adopt sweet babies. I want to birth more babies. I want to show my children the world and travel everywhere! I want to stay in better contact with my family and dear friends. I want to be a photographer. I want to run another marathon. I want to be able to communicate better. I want to write in my journal more.
I guess I will start by seizing the tornado that hit my bedroom and be in bed by 10.
And one quick picture to show that I am working towards at least one of those goals. Too bad I know nothing about editing. (Good thing Photography Club starts next week!)

5 comments:
I'm guessing someone tried to comment on your blog in another language above? Anyway, I love that 27 is old to you. Wait til you're going to be turning 30. Wierd for me, to acknowlege that I'll be 30 soon, as I also feel so much younger. I'm sure that's how everyone feels. Luckily I have my young women who are hip, young and cool and they think that I'm still hip, young and cool. Ha ha. I told one girl I was going to be 30 this year and she said she thought I was only 22! Yes! :) And yesterday a 4 year old girl, whom I'd never met, asked me if I was a kid or a 'grown-up kid'. She really wanted me to play, and was disappointed when I said I was a grown-up kid. So I think that's what you can call yourself now, Annie-- a grown-up kid. I like it. I've taken on the title myself.
I'm so happy you are into photography! If you ever have any questions, you can seriously just email me and we can chat!
Fun picture! I love how life is a process, and there are a lot of little processes with the big process. So if you haven't made yourself quite what you want to be in one area, you are just start working on it and not worry about the past. I love you!
Those are great goals. Your photography is looking awesome! Good for you! And 27 is not old at all. :)
You have wonderful ambitions.
Post a Comment