Within seconds meltdown #1 occurs because the cart with the blue car attached in the front is not available. Cal barely made it to the cash register alive. I asked, distracted, threatened, pleaded, and bribed my way through the isles- while pushing the 7 foot long cart plus green car. The checkout lady asks for my Kroger Card. I proceed to dump the entire continents of my diaper bag out only to discover that indeed I did not have my keys. (But I did find my single spare key a in the bottom of one pocket that I had had to use last week...and my keys were locked in my car. Few!) I push the mother load of a cart out to the car only to discover that I had lost the two year old somewhere between the checkout and the car. Ah! Push The Mother back inside, quickly locate the Callinator on the nearest 50 cent horse ride, ask/threaten/plead/bribe my way again back into the green car, and finally make it out of there sweaty, frazzled, hungry, and tired.
Lessons learned:
1. Kids and grocery shopping are like pickles and peanut butter- no matter how many times I try it, I still don't think they mix well. (Despite what Erin may think.)
2. Try hard not to lose your keys. Or your kids.
Cheetos at 7 am. Why not?
10 comments:
Oh Annie... it all sounds strangly familiar. Ellie loves Doritos and asks for them first thing in the morning... without fail!
Oh man... that's what I have to look forward to! I am worried that I'll be posting these exact same stories down the road. haha
Duct tape.
Just kidding.
Kind of...
Oh boy...good for you for even attempting! Very brave indeed.
Go shopping without kids! Either early in the morning or later at night when Doug's home...that solves everything!
And so it begins...
Perhaps we should compose a book of some sort of all of our horror grocery shopping trips. With Daggen's (sp?)help, it might even be made into a movie (though it might be rated R for "Intense stress, language, and horror feelings it might evoke" :)
Love you!
Tara
Oh Annie. Oh oh Annie...
You survived another day. THAT is all you need to focus on! You're an awesome mom!!!!
Yep. Not having a second one. That is how EVERY SINGLE Wednesday shopping trip goes for me with the one toddler I have. Seriously loving the cheetos at 7. My kind of guy!
How are you so funny? I miss you! Good luck on the grocery store thing. I'm still working on getting Bodey out without having to open the marshmellows or fruit snacks that we haven't purchased yet. :)
Yep...welcome to the club! :)
And yes- Cheetos in the morning are allowed in this club!
Post a Comment