Or I got a new one. How about, "When your toilet regurgitates all of its contents from the past month or so (all over the whole bathroom, walls, sink, hall...), HECK with the lemonade." My approach was: Cry. Call your visiting teachers. Pay the plumber what ever he wants. Use approximately 6 rolls of paper towels. Wear big yellow gloves. Get several good pep talks from my mom. Lysol. Pine Sol. Comet. Bleach. Then take the night off and let your husband heat up leftovers and get the kids to bed while you go out to eat.
Cal captured my emotions of the day so well. And yes, he did insist on wearing his tie on his
pocket to church.
This just so happens to be the 200th post on "The Lewis Fam," (such a shame it has to be so crappy, no pun intended).
15 comments:
HA HA HA HA!
I love you, Annie!
this was such a good post, I loved it. I'm sorry it happened to you, but how many times do we get to write about poo on our blogs? not too many, now that it's actually written down you will always remember it.
Gotta love this little guy.
Something similar happened to me.. two days after I came home from the hospital wth Charlotte. The plumber was very nice and could tell I was about to break down any minute. He should of been nice for $800!
Sorry for your crappy day!
Sad!! That is a bad, bad day. Sounds like you handled it very well though. And good for you for going out last night!! I think you deserve a pedicure, or a shopping spree, or something else too! What a nightmare!
Ohhhh Annie. I'm glad I could help, even if it was only a little!!! :)
That sounds so horrible! I'm so sorry!
This is not a funny post but i laughed out loud at callin wearing that tie in his pocket! haha love it!
You had to pay for a plumber??! Chemical engineers are nothing more than "glorified plumbers" so that should have been Doug in there...
oh yikes! so sorry annie! i've had similiar experiences. you so deserved to go out to dinner that night. and the next. and the next.
You are too funny, this post had David and me laughing so hard! But honestly, I would be crying a whole lot too if that happened to us. You definitely deserve to treat yourself for surviving that ordeal! :)
Oh Annie!! I love you! I'm sorry, but I did have to laugh. You are the best. Way to take the night off too. I'm proud of you. :)
There are very, very few things I hate worse than plumbing problems. I can't think of one now, but that's probably because I haven't experienced them, and heaven forbid I or you don't. So sorry to hear about it! I'm sure it was just such a horrible experience! Please let me know if I can ever help!
Oh my goodness!! Annie! I think that's my nightmare!! You deserve an award for that I think! So sorry I wasn't there to help out:) I do love all your posts though lately! You're inspiring me to do bette:)
Love you!
Tara
wow....all I can say is that I'm SO sorry! I'm so glad you get a night out to dinner though from it!
Post a Comment