Sunday, May 30, 2010

a laugh at the dougers expense. again.

Just because I don't want forget... I had just finished up a jog w/ a friend, and we were outside chatting by the moonlight. All of a sudden my front door is thrown open and Dougie comes flying out of the house soaking wet (like dripping water from his hair, nose, clothes,etc.) and a little bloody.  He barks a few orders, "MOVE! FIND A WRENCH! NOW!" And all the while I am still frozen in the same spot utterly confused with different scenarios of what must have happened playing in my mind.  The first one being that he was scared of a burglar, running away, leaving my two kids...any maybe he was taking a shower fully clothed? The next one being that every toilet in my house must have turned into Old Faithful.  And dang it, now I have to spend the whole night cleaning poopy messes again.

I watched as he used his super-human-adrenaline strength and turned the water line to our house off -  with out a wrench! I guess I was too slow.

He was trying to be a manly man and fix our water heater himself.  After 3 days, 3 Home Depot trips, and 1 attic "mini-flood" it is as good as new.

P.S.  I tried so hard to be a good, not high maintenance, Africanized girl those 3 days with cold showers.  I've had many a cold shower or bucket shower over the years.  Mary Ellen Edmunds talks about how at times she purposely will turn the shower to cold and then say a prayer that somehow that hot water she would have used will find its way to someone in Africa.  But all I did was complain, curse Doug for taking so long to fix it, and sing really loud. 

4 comments:

Chase & Tricia said...

That's a great story! Good ol' Doug!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Merry said...

How in the world did he turn it off without a wrench?

Elena said...

Can't... ha ha ha ha stop... ha ha ha ha ha laughing...