Kruger Park should be one of the seven wonders of the world. It is truly amazing to drive around and pull your car right next to the real, live, African Animal Kingdom. We took over 300 pictures during the 2 weeks, so here is just the smallest glimpse! (Sorry, it is still a lot, but they are wonderful!) 

Little Boy Heaven!! He LOVED the animals to say the least.
This was my first summer trip to Kruger. There were baby animals everywhere! It was so sweet to watch how the animals protected their little ones.

There were about 20 hippos in the water that we could see from the bridge. They apparently only get out during the night when they move to a different watering hole. (Hint: they look like large rocks.)
We had a lot of fun watching hundreds of monkeys play and eat our peanuts.
The baby monkeys and Callin both love piggy back rides.
It looked like pride rock- so we just had to take one more picture. Oh, and The Lion King soundtrack was in all of our heads the whole-time! (A wemowhet, a wemowhet...)
Yeah, not really supposed to get out of the car, but don't worry, we lived to download!
A morning ride with a guide. He taught us a lot about what the different plants can be used for. I think we would be ready to survive in the bush after that. He lets us try a small red bitter fruit. Doug was the only asking for seconds.
1 of the 2 leopards we saw.

Splish splash I was taking a bath!

Rhino
Just 5 of the 5 million impala in the park!
The zebra (pronounced with a short e instead of a long e if you are in Africa.)
Sunsets in Africa...my favorite!!!
6 comments:
What a FANTASTIC post! I just read them them all in a row and was fascinated. It sounds like you had such a great time, what a cool experience!
Wow Annie! That's amazing and so beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your family and see such beautiful sights! I'm very happy you had such a great time.
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I miss it so much! Amazing pics!
It was so fun to read all of your Africa posts!! I loved reminiscing! I can't believe your mom and dad will be home in 5 months. How exciting is that?!
Doug and Annie,
What an amazing Christmas that you guys had in Mozambique! Will you be able to go there one time more before Annie's parents come home? But too bad that our paths didn't cross in Arizona...
Post a Comment