I chatted with a friend in the Wal-Mart parking lot this week who just had baby #2 about her new life. I told her about the times I cried my way through the dinner hour. How Doug would walk in the door and immediately be given the two kids, while I ran- literally upstairs to take a bath making sure to lock the door behind me. How there are times that all you want is your two year old is disappear for just a few moments so you can nurse in peace and enjoy your little one. Motherhood is hard. Every day. It just is. I am pretty sure that there will still be some challenging moments or days ahead...but in the mean time I am loving this new three-months-post-baby energy and feeling.
And now... my darling, blue eyed, three month babe who is one of the two reasons that after a long day still makes everything worth it.
13 comments:
Thanks for being honest. I hate moms that sugar coat everything. I openly tell friends/moms/etc that I put my babies in the crib and shut the door when I can't take it anymore. It's only for 5 minutes, but that's what I need to regroup. And now that they are bigger, I get to put myself in timeout and they have to leave me alone for 5 minutes while I think about my 'bad choices'.
I can tell you it gets better and I can also say, we are waiting a long while before #3 comes into the picture.
You're the BEST and those boys are ADORABLE!
Amen and Amen!
I made my husband come home early from work once. And then I left for a few hours. :)
Ahhh... don't remind me!
I agree with Emily! When I first had Ella I had no idea how hard/emotional/overwhelming motherhood is. I felt like the first few months I didn't even know who I was and I was so scared that I would never be "me" again. Thank goodness it gets easier! I am so glad things are getting more manageable for you. I'm scared for #2 and am definitely going to wait awhile before getting pregnant. And hello, you biked 17 miles and ran 1 mile TODAY! No wonder you are so skinny. When did you find time to do all that? I am definitely trying to figure out how to get exercise in now that I'm quiting my job because teaching PE has put me in the best shape I've ever been in. You'll have to tell me what works for you.
I just had a conversation with some of my YW about Missions. It wasn't motherhood but it was about how people tend to "sugar-coat" it.
I think you are a super-woman for having two. My mom had 10. I always wanted a big family too until I had my one. And to be honest I am perfectly happy with my 20 month old being an only child for the next 6 years or so.
I also appreciated this recent general conference. I remember someone saying something about depression and how real it is and also that taking meds is ok and the importance of "me" time etc...
Anyhow, great post. I did want to know what camera you have though. We are looking to upgrade
What a little cutie pie you have! Thanks for your candid post! I will admit I'm so nervous (and excited) for baby #2 to arrive, wondering just how I'm going to manage it all! Yikes!
Thank you for posting this. It helps me realize that motherhood is going to be a challenge, and that I should enjoy my newly married stage for the next year or so before it's gone!
your post hit a little too close to home! Oh boy does it bring back memories of a few months ago and the emotions of newborns! I still have a two year old who wants to sit on me while I nurse...but it is definitely better! And Rhett is sooo adorable!! I love the pictures! Good job taking lots of him, we have slacked and have hardly any compared to what we have of Christopher at this age...I'm so glad you are feeling so great!!
Love you Annie! I know what you mean. Here's to our sweet babies! ;) Yes, how did you have the time to bike 17 miles and run 1 mile?? I'm still trying to figure out when I can start exercising.
I'm finally making it over to your blog - crazy Rhett is already 3 months! What a cutie! And I'm sorry but that is hilarious about the pee in a bottle - did Doug seriously drink that haha!
You have done such a great job with adjusting to being a mommy of two. I agree, it is just now that I feel like I am feeling back to myself again! Thank goodness for sweet, patient newborns that hang in there until mommy can pull it together.
I love the last few posts by the way. The pictures of your two boys are adorable!!!
I hear you sister! Please feel free to crash and cry over at my place any time. Or throw either of those adorable boys my direction for a play-date. Shep would love to have Callin over and I'm sure Annie and Rhett would have a great time together. :)
Post a Comment