Saturday, March 20, 2010

My never ending master bathroom projects

The first 4 or 5 months we lived in our house we couldn't use our master bathroom shower.  We finally fixed the dry wall, retiled, yada yada.  A year ago my mother in law came to visit and we pulled all the wall paper off and textured the walls.  A couple months later my really energetic friend Paola and I painted it in one afternoon.  But then quickly realized that the grey-blue color I thought I was getting was really grey-purple and that wouldn't do.  But then life went on and who ever sees your master bathroom really?  

Then my really cute sister came to stay with me after Rhett was born and worked some serious magic.  She found the right color, painted the walls, the ceiling, the baseboards, and the doors. She shopped and installed new towel racks and toilet paper holder.  This might not sound too blog worthy...but after a year of searching for the toilet paper roll every time you use the bathroom and often not having a dry towel to use, this was really exciting.    
 She also found this cute fabric and picture which I love. Mom Lewis arrived the next day and had this sewn within the first 30 minutes. 
 THANKS SO MUCH EMILY!  I failed to mention that she did this all while at the same time cooking, cleaning, playing with a 2 year old, etc.  What did I do?  Sit in the rocking chair and nurse!
Someday we'll get around to refinishing the cupboards!

6 comments:

Gonzalez Family said...

I'm very impressed. Every time you post pictures of your house they look great! I love the end result of projects, but don't love how long and daunting the process usually is. I have to tell you my latest project is making a headboard for the guest bedroom thanks to your inspiration and diy tutorial.

Erin said...

Everything looks awesome Annie! Sisters are fabulous, aren't they?! Can you please send Emily over to my house next?

James & Tara Huish said...

Yeah, I call Emily next after Erin:) I LOVE the color! And as a side note, I remember using that bathroom and wondering, "Where the heck is the toilet paper?" :) So congrats on the toilet paper holder;) Oh, AZ looks divine with sisters. Way to go on posting so quick! And I majorly owe you a phone call and disregard that e-mai that got sent to you instead of my MOM:)
THis is way to long.

Love you!
Tara

anna said...

Your bathroom looks great! Your sister is awesome. and I am glad you guys had fun in AZ. Way to kill some internal medicine time - only one more week to go - hallelujah!

Amy said...

Gotta love sisters! Cute bathroom.

Brent & Emily Slade said...

wow...ouch....i just realized I never replied to this to say "you are welcome!" So even tho it's been months I'm still going to say it! That was one of the best vacations I've ever had! And thanks for all the cute pictures that I just download into my iphoto & pretend I actually took them!