Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break...

always turns out to be a lame excuse for cleaning, tackling those long awaited projects, and some quality yard work, at least in our family. There were some fun moments though to reward us (and by us, we all know who I am talking about) for our (my) hard work! Alright, I will give The Douger a little credit for building me a wonderful garden box!!

Meet the new garden: (we are still holding our breath that something will grow...I am praying for lots of homegrown tomatoes! Anyone thinking John Denver?...)


before:

after, after: This picture records the beauty that can come only after the 2nd time around. (The Douger disproved of the 1st new mulch 'Midnight Black.')

before:

after: (yeah, I know!...not much better, but once we get some texture, paint, bead board, install the new toilet, & new tile, we'll be in open for business!)
and for the fun:
(not as good when they are behind 3 fences, but it will have to do since we have no African Safari's on the current horizon.)

3 comments:

Jessica Speed said...

You are amazing! Good for you for doing all those projects. You give me lots of hope and motivation to do those things. Glad you were able to still see all the animals through the 3 gates!

Jonathan said...

Beautiful garden. Hopefully your son gets to help weed it and eat the harvest :)

Brent & Emily Slade said...

Your garden looks beautiful! It always feels so good to get so many projects done!