Friday, April 17, 2009

New Phase: dinner conversations

Today it really hit, me. Children really do grow up. Not only do I not have a baby any more, I don't even have a toddler. Just a wonderful, full fledged boy! I played "pretend" with Cal for the first time today. He thought it was the coolest game. And all it entailed was some horses and rhino's eating grass and drinking milk.

Then tonight, we had this high quality dinner conversation at the table:

Cal: Eww.
Me: It's not yucky, it's soy chicken.
Cal: Eww. Chicken poo poo.

With a little bit of encouragement (and a lot of cool whip-and-strawberries-for-dessert-bribing, Cal ate all of his green beans and most of his chicken poo poo!)



P.S. We have "fixed" the climbing out of the crib problem by turning the crib into a big boy bed!! All I have left is potty training and then my job is done...right!?

6 comments:

I Love Good Grub said...

He really is getting to be such a big boy! He's so dang cute. Love that picture of him.

Erin said...

He IS big!! How crazy Annie. We are getting... mature. Haha. I'll say that instead of old!

Kim said...

He really is growing up! It's amazing how that happens before our eyes! What a cutie!

Paola said...

That picture of him is AWESOME. Yeah. Just potty training. :)

Anonymous said...

Annie Packard-Lewis!?! This is Tommy Jo, how are you? Your family is so cute. I can't believe we used to go to preschool together and now we both have kids that are about to start in just a year or two. Tell Tara hello for me. Bye!

Brent & Emily Slade said...

Wow Annie! I can't believe he's in a big boy bed already! Crazy! Wow....he's just so advanced...talking and all....he must be a 1st child!