Thursday, April 9, 2009

Annie the Nanny

Cal and I had a fun 10 days in El Dorado Hills, CA. My sis & her hubby went off to Australia and I somehow managed to hold down the fort with out any MAJOR incident. (Many smalls ones include: discovering on day 5 that Jonas has a unbuckling problem and the 2 car seats have been unbuckled for who knows how long, being too busy that at 10pm I realize that I have forgotten to eat dinner, trying to take 4 boys swimming, forgetting to make lunches until we are all in the car, forgetting to pick up Silas from school, and getting threatened to have CPS called on me by a 'friendly' neighbor who saw the kids out riding bikes without helmets...)

Cal LOVED pretending he had 3 older brothers.

It was worth the trip getting to hear Jojo talk about his favorite 'Bounceopolis.'


The blankie boys. Cal learned the art of blanket attachment from Jojo. His blankie turned from sky blue to dirt brown in days.

He also learned a little bit more how to be a boy.


The big haircut!


The new Do
General Conference entertainment

It was fun to be with my cute nephews! (But I do have a new appreciation for my beautiful sister Ali! I really earned my sleep each night!) I also LOVED my day visit w/ my old roomie Kat who drove the 2 hour drive from San Fransisco to visit us with her 2 darling kids. I'm bummed I forgot to get pictures of them!

8 comments:

Swan Family said...

I thought about needing a picture after I left as I was getting on the freeway! Thanks so much for making time for me. I loved getting to see you and Cal. You are wonder woman! I am so glad we got together!

TyandMar said...

If anyone could take care of 4 boys, it's you Annie!! You guys coming to Utah in July?? Let us know.

Brent & Emily Slade said...

Cute pics! I can't wait to see them. Wow....Jojo looks so different!

anna said...

Could this be your future? 4 boys. Would be crazy, but fun :)

Glad you survived and that you're back.

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

Wow, I am so impressed that you could tackle four boys at one time! Super mom!

Paola said...

Hey neighbor! Fun to see what you were REALLy up to out there. :)

James & Tara Huish said...

Loved the posts! I wish I could try some of your "Homegrown tomatoes"! Do you know that you were the one that introduced me to that song? You would always play it on your little tape recorder wit the microphone and we would sing it? Remember that memory? I so remember it! Anyways, thanks for the talk tonight even though I sounded like a chain smoker:)

Love you!
Tara

Jessica Speed said...

You are amazing! I can't believe you took on three little boys (including your own). You are my hero!