After our road trip to St. George/Vegas, all I can say is...thank goodness for AAA (a.k.a. triple A). Here is Doug and Callin hanging out after our FIRST tire blow out. Of course the spare was flat and we didn't think of filling it after we finally got towed into the nearest town.

It was dark outside by the time out SECOND blow out happened (10 minutes out side of our destination!) and we were all way too grumpy and hungry for pictures. Thank you to the many strangers that stopped and offered assistance, water, phones, and beer! And thank you to Tyler and Maryann who rescued us and brought us dinner! Long story short: the 6 hour road trip took 12!
We had a great time in St. George with the Briggs. Doug patiently tried to improve my tennis game...but to no avail!

Those who enjoyed the game...

and those who did not....
Darn those late night games! Cal and I were able to walk all around the outside of the stadium and enjoy the lights of Vegas from the distance. (He did more sleeping and I did more enjoying!)
10 comments:
That's Maryann!! I have been meaning to find out how you guys know each other...
oh annie! i'm so sorry. that really blows! (hee hee!)
Annie! 2 tire blow outs! I am soooo sorry! At least you were able to enjoy some time away!!!
We are so glad you guys made the sacrifice!!! Seriously, we need to do get together's like that every 6 months or so!! That was a blast. We miss you guys!!!
Annie, I'm so sorry. Car problems are the worst. And I know. You've seen the car my parents made us drive in high school :)
And wow, Callen is HUGE! I love him and can't wait to see you guys!
Annie--
So sorry about the traumatic trip! I'm glad things turned out okay! That has to be the cutest little guy around! What a doll!
Annie! That is so crazy!
not so funny then but hugely funny now!
Hey Annie...thats some pretty bad luck!!Thanks for volunteering your home! I think those dates sound great. I cant wait to see everyone...I'll email you my number so we can plan.
wow, what a trip. two in one day... i'm so sorry, but glad you got there finally. it was good to see all 3 of you last weekend. i need to come over and see grandma sometime. when is the best time to come? callin sure is getting to that fun stage now, huh? i can't wait!
how funny, i mean sad, about the blow out. i keep wondering what's going to happen to me when my tire blows and i don't have AAA or a cell phone (josh...i hope you're reading this) and three kids trying to play chicken with the oncoming traffic (well, probably not charlotte). just picturing it.
i have a similar pic. of jonah "enjoying" a d-backs game at cal's age. we claim he was just upset that they lost!
love your blog...i just found it today!
Post a Comment