For the past two years I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of walking my little kindergarteners outside to meet their parents. The moments leading up to this occation are undescribable! 25 students: "Where is my backpack?" "Can you help me zip up my jacket?" "Sebastian hit me!" "Corbin stole my picture." "Do we have school tomorrow?" "Are you sure my mom will be outside?"
There were always the same 2 or 3 late parents...and then the joy of having another day finished - one day closer to summer break- would hit.
This week we are babysitting my sisters 4 kids while they are cruising Alaska. I had the opportunity yesterday to be the parent in the car picking up their kindergartener. I have to say I didn't quite know that I missed that little goodbye routine until there it was before my eyes. All the little kids filing out the door in the boys and girls line behind the teacher.
Not to worry- I played my new role well. I dropped all 7 kids off at school on time (my 3 plus the neighbor's 4- not to mention 2 babies plus myself- yes we had a little double belting), came home and gave the babies a nap, did a quick round at the treadmill (I mean quick!), cleaned up the breakfast mess, feed the babies, and returned to school 3 hours later to pick up the 2 kindergarteners. I was the mom I had seen so many times - not showered, no makeup... "What have they been doing all morning?" I have wondered many times!
Anyway, I know this is a random post...but I just want to say that it is great to get a look at both sides of the hill, and my conclusion is that Callin is the Greenest!
8 comments:
I admire you my dear for pulling that circus act off! It is unbelievable that you could do all that! I bet you were so happy to be back with just you and Callin!
What a woman!! I am so impressed. I have also been one of those that wondered, "what do they do all day?" I guess I'll get pay-back for that once I get a couple little ones. But I'm sure there aren't many that do it better than you Annie!
i babysat a 3 year old and a 4 month old with mckinlay yesterday. mckinlay was fine until i would pick up the baby. i'll admit, i was a little frazzled having 2 crying babies! mckinlay was pulling at my legs like "mommy! why are you ignoring me?" but somehow they both calmed down and we made it! :) you are quite amazing that you are able to hold your little brood together! way to go!
What a sweet way to reminisce your teaching days. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I'm glad I had my teaching days and I miss them a little bit, but I agree, our babies are the greener side of the hill!! This was really sweet...thanks for sharing (maybe it means more to me because I feel like I've been there, too!)
Hi Annie! Found your blog on someone else's...you know how one blog leads to another, then another, etc.! Callin is adorable- I need to come and see him in person sometime! Sounds like an adventurous day you had! Our blog is http://brandoncindywhatcott.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!
I think you should get an award for that kind of day! Sounds crazy busy, but I am sure you were so great at it :)
Sure sounds like you've got quite a handful to deal with. But lovin' every minute of it. That's how it is with kids... Crazy, but worth every moment!
I had so much fun seein' you the other night. And man, that little boy of yours is SO adorable Annie!!
Hey Annie and Doug- I found your blog off the Cardons. Your boy is very handsome, congrats by the way.
Annie- I remember thinking similar thoughts about my Mom when I would come home and her appearance hadn't changed since I left the house. Very funny! Fortunately for her- some days I can totally relate!
Post a Comment