Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Drum Roll Please...
Hi! My name is Callin Douglas Lewis! (I am waving at you.) I am so excited to be named after my dad Douglas Smoot Lewis, great-Grandpa L. Douglas Smoot and great, great-Grandpa Douglas P. Smoot.
This is my story: My mom started feeling some funny things around 5 in the morning. My mom went to a baby shower around noon, my dad left to run errands and ran out of gas around 1:00, and my house was getting new carpet and had lots of workers in it. I choose to come on a crazy day. My mom said that real labor started around 2:00. Of course dad was still stranded out by the corn fields, but all my aunts helped my mom until he got home. Finally, around 5:00 my Aunt Aimee kicked out all the carpet workers so my mom could get down to business! My mom was swimming in a big tub for about 2 hours. After an hour of her trying to get me to come out, I decided to join her at 7:05 pm. I am 8 pounds even and am a proud 20.5 inches long. I have lots of dark hair with 4 calics in it, chubby cheeks, and full, rosey red lips.
I was so happy to discover that I was in my home, surrounded my Mom and Dad, Grammie, Aunt Aimee, Aunt Ali, and Aunt Emily. The coolest thing is that my mom was born in that same house! My Grammie (and my Aunt Lindy) must love me a whole bunch, because they flew all the way from Mozambique, Africa just to see me!
My two best friends were so excited to see me too. Here are my cousins Jackson (left) and Brody (center). Of course my eyes are closed becuase I haven't really woken up yet.
I hope you enjoyed my birth story. Feel free to check back as often as you like for more updates and pictures of ME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment