Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our future in an envelope!

The much anticipated day of March 16 finally came!!  The day we open up our envelope and find out where we are headed for residency.  (aka: how our lives and our children's will be forever changed and influenced for years to come!!!) 

And the winner is: 
Baylor for 1 year of Internal Medicine
and then we are off to Duke, North Carolina for 4 years of Radiology!!!!

We were so thrilled.  It was just what we both wanted.  I have grown up hearing memories of Duke from my own parents, and now Doug and I get to go and make some more of our own. 

The handsome, brainy boys holding their happy futures in their hands.
But this is the real power, the glue, the heart and soul of making the past 4 years go so smoothly. 
I have grown to really admire and love each one of these girls. 
And as happy as we all are about our respective upcoming moves, I will really miss the changes. 
 Ollie was such a good little baby.  Doug proudly carried him around everywhere like his little trophy. 
We spend the rest of the day celebrating with friends! 
Which included awesome things like Luby's Cafeteria, the 2,000th Foosball game, the King Tut exhibit at the MFAH and delicious Ruggles Green!  

16 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Hey Annie! Congratulations to you and Doug! We'll see you in North Carolina next year. We'll be in Tucson for a transitional year and then to Wake Forest in Winston-Salem for anesthesiology. Congrats again!

Steff said...

That's so exciting!! The first picture is great.

David and Amy said...

Congratulations! We were rooting for you guys to be in Philadelphia but are happy you got what you wanted! Also, Annie--you look fantastic!

TyandMar said...

First off, you look freaking amazing, Annie! How do you do it?! Secondly, congrats! We are selfishly sad it's not Utah, but we will just have to deal with it! We can't wait to EVENTUALLY talk to you! Such fun news for you!

Chase & Tricia said...

What a great day! So glad we both get to be in houston one more year before we part to opposite sides of the country. Tear.

Sydney said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so glad you guys are going where you want to go! What exciting news. I love that first picture- way to capture the moment.

t.t.turner said...

HOORAY! So exciting! I've heard wonderful things about North Carolina. Annie, you look A-MAZING.

ty and megs said...

hooray! match day is so exciting! sounds like you guys matched wonderfully! hooray for moving on -- even though it is bittersweet.

Glen & Kat said...

Congratulations! Good luck with everything!

Becca said...

A few things:

-How on EARTH do you look that good after having had a baby so recently?!!

-Congratulations!! I've heard such wonderful things about Duke. I'm not gonna lie - I was hoping you'd get your #3, but I knew it was a long shot. ;) I hope you love NC.

-Also, congrats to Anna and Clarke! I was also hoping they'd come to Stanford, but I know they're excited about LA.

Yay! :)

Pam Daines said...

Congratulations! You and Doug both look thrilled. You look amazing by the way.

Kim said...

So So exciting, but a little sad too... mostly exciting though. p.s. I just read that poem you posted earlier and I'm sobbing like a goof. I love it and how true it is!

Amy said...

YAY that is so awesome! Congratulations!!!! So very exciting. And yes you do look AH-mazing!!!

Swan Family said...

Congratulations Doug and Annie! Lots of changes in the Lewis house, I'm so happy for you both! Love to keep up on you guys through your blog, wish we were getting closer together but we're just swapping sides of the country. Someday...

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

Happy day! Congrats! Yeah for making it through Medical school! keep up the hard work!

Al and Jenny said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!! You guys really know how to celebrate Match Day! Wow!! Sounds like it was a great day. I'm so happy for you...and so happy for me that you will be here one more year :)