Friday, August 28, 2009

Dangerously Delicious

My friend Anna sent me this recipe with the lengthy subject something along the line of "You have to make these tonight. if not tonight, first thing tomorrow then. for breakfast. they're really really good." Callin and I would like to add our testimony to hers that they were the best Chocolate chocolate cookies we've had in a LONG time! We can't seem to stop making them!


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I am a milk chocolate girl and always will be...)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Eat warm with a large glass of milk!

6 comments:

McKay said...

Thanks for the testimonial, I'll definitely have to give the recipe to my wife!

Gonzalez Family said...

I'm excited to try them this weekend!

ty and megs said...

my mom is in town. there is no way we will make it the rest of the week without making these. :)

anna said...

mmmm. I want to go make them again :)

The Whatcott Fam said...

oooooh...I made these on Sunday and they are so good! I'm all about double chocolate!

Melody said...

I'll have to try these soon. AMEN to the milk chocolate! I barely even like choc. chip cookies with semisweet anymore. Not that that stops me from eating 5 or 6 at a time if they're close by....