Monday, March 9, 2009

70 New Voice Mail

Doug and I pledged to do some campaign calls for his dad. (I did 95 calls and Doug a mere 5, so let's not give him too much credit!) I can hardly wait! Around 70 PEOPLE are going to come home from work tonight and have to listen to a really energetic voice mail from ME! In case you are not one of the luck 70 or one of the lucky 15 that actually answered and wanted to know why I was calling from Texas, here is how the voice message went.

"HI! My name is Annie. I am a volunteer for John Lewis who is running for Mayor of Gilbert. I am calling to remind you that tomorrow is election day in Gilbert if you haven't voted yet. If you have any questions about John you can go to his website: www.johnlewisformayor.com. As John's daughter in law, I can proudly say that he is a high caliber man of high values and has great integrity. His strong background in business and finance will be a WONDERFUL asset to Gilbert at this time of financial struggles. We are proud to say that he is the only candidate who has both the endorsement from the Gilbert Small Business Alliance and the Gilbert Chamber of Commerce. We really hope that we can count on your support for John Lewis. Have a great day!"

If you live in Gilbert- go vote! Tomorrow is the day!

POST UPDATE (3/22/09): Mayor John did wonderful in the election. He received the highest votes of all the candidates (41% of the total votes.) He will continue into 1 more election with the other top runner (who only received 20% of the votes.)

7 comments:

Melody said...

Way to go, Annie! I would totally vote for him if I lived in Gilbert! Good luck!

anna said...

Wow, way to contribute to the campaign, Doug :) Good luck John Lewis (although I am sure they'll be voting for the brains and braun behind the operation - Lacinda, right? hehe. We all know a good woman backs every man out there.)

Way to go Annie with all your calls. I am sure you were very persuasive.

Tricia said...

I hope he wins! Gilbert is already great, but with John Lewis as Mayor, it will be even better!

TyandMar said...

Such great campaigners!! Hope all goes well with the election. :)
We will be in Bear Lake over the 24th of July weekend...but besides that, we will be around. We could meet you in St George also. Let us know. It'd be fun to get together!!

makana said...

Ha! So I did not know you even had a blog! McKay added you and never told me. Look at you calling around for your father-in-law// pretty amazing! You will have to post the results. You can subscribe to my food storage link from my blog. Its StoreUP!

Jessica Speed said...

Good job, you are an awesome daughter in-law. Let us know if he gets the nomination!

Brent & Emily Slade said...

Good for you! Hey...I never even heard what happened with the election. How'd it go?