Wednesday, May 14, 2008

12 Volumes

I passed a big milestone in my life yesterday...after 3 1/2 years of working on Doug's mission books I am done. Some of you will remember that I was given the pictures and letters (all organized in 24 Ziploc bags - 1 per month) for my bridal shower by my mother in law. It came with an agreement, I could only marry Doug IF I would scrapbook his mission. I had no idea what a daunting task it was that I agreed to. I know that they will sit on a shelf or in a box for many years to come- but at least I finally have that weight off me. I hate those "to do" items that feel like a sin you are carrying around! Well, it is done...the weight is gone...and if any one is extremely interested in Fortaleza, Brazil---come on over!

8 comments:

Amy and Dave B. said...

Now you just have to do yours and Dougs life together as well as Callin's scrapbook to do:) Love seeing all your updates. We got Doug's graduation announcement at school. Congratulations and good luck!

Galo Fab 5 said...

All I have to say is WOW, you truly are amazing!! :)

Jennie said...

Way to go! I bet a lot of those letters are from you. The scrapbooking of life never ends. That is impressive and your kids will really like it someday.

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

Sorry Annie. I guess being part of our family has a lot of extra strings attached. As if taking Doug off our hands wasn't enough!! But, boy am I grateful, because if you hadn't married Doug, I'm sure it would have been me scrapbooking all of those volumes :)

Megan said...

Haha, that's a funny story about your mother-in-law. But congrats on getting all those volumes done! I haven't even done any scrap booking since I've been married, so behind!

Mechams said...

Annie Packard-Lewis! What a cute family you have. I'm glad to see you are doing great. Emily told me she forwarded you that picture. Let's just keep that to ourselves!

Browns said...

Ha! That is funny. Good job I doubt I could have ever got that done!

Brent & Emily Slade said...

Good job Annie! WOW...that is a MAJOR accomplishment! I was lucky that Brent's sister-in-law (now ex) did his whole scrapbook before I came along! (Maybe it helped that he didn't get married for a few years after he got home!)....you should have waited!!!
Anyway...congrats that that weight is off your shoulder!