| One of the MANY recent car projects Doug has taken on- new shocks for the Contour. Got to love his guy. |
5:50 am the phone rings. I don't even have to look at the caller ID. Doug is in Georgia for an interview. I already know it is him and I seriously can't believe he has the nerve to call me after I roasted him so good on the blog just last week.
He asks me not to be mad and says he is really sorry for waking me up again. Apparently he snoozed for 1 hour through his alarm clock (not a shocker if you have ever shared a room with him....) He was running late and dropped a contact and it absolutely could not be found. He was driving around Atlanta with one eye open, one eye closed trying to find a pharmacy unsuccessfully and needed me to look one up for him.
The long story short is he was late for his interview.
He learned pharmacy's don't carry generic contacts.
He is beyond blind w/o his contacts and spent the day pretending to be normal.
He forgot to pack black socks on top of it all.
White ankle socks and suits always did look good.
And I could not fall back asleep.
Grrrr...when will interviews be over!
(I think I am figuring out why his Mom still thanks me for marrying him.)
9 comments:
oh dear... these boys never cease to amaze! You are a trooper :)
Ha ha ha! You need to start packing for Doug I guess...
I am imagining the white socks with a dark suit and it would have looked awesome.
I am DYING laughing!!! That's hilarious. I love the last part about his mom.
Hahahaha! I love that he went looking for contacts at a pharmacy. Poor guy!
wow, that is so funny. i cannot wait until this interviewing is over, too. good luck!
OOOhhhh Dougers.
oh douglas! douglas!!! gotta love him!
(fight back doug!!! i wanna see one of these posts from u!)
HILARIOUS The last line is my favorite.
Oh man, poor Doug, and you! :)Good luck with the interviewing processes, sounds like it's been a long one so far! Is it almost over! If he interviews in Vegas let us know! :)
Post a Comment