After 5 years... and with 24 grandkids in tow (not all pictured on the dock below) we finally ALL got together! We headed to an awesome cabin up in the mountains. (Heber, Arizona) My parents were such the super grandparents. They can even entertain all 24 kids by themselves, in the dark, with no power, in the middle of the worlds loudest thunder/rain storm. :) Can your grandparents beat that?! Just kidding. But I did marvel as I watched my mom serving, playing, entertaining non stop all day/ every day.
We had so much fun at this nearby rope swing/diving tower. All the boys loved showing off their mad back-flipping skills.
We entertained ourselves by horse rides, exploring around on the quads and Polaris, listening to Papa's famous Bear story, eating delicious food, a 500 and 1,500 piece puzzle, the Limerick Game (oh the laughes!), and lots of sitting around and catching up.
And there was one really great performance of "Daddy's Nose." Except in our case we all have Grammies Nose. My mom gave a fun, interactive genealogy spot light on her parents.
I loved every minute of hanging out with these guys!
We continued the fun back in Gilbert for several days with lots of water parties and homemade ice cream. (And yes, Rhett did get dressed up like a girl about once a day. My favorite was Minnie Mouse, but no picture of that.) 

... and all good things must end one day.
We are back home in Texas and are happy to be back to our house and our friends. (And all the home projects that waited so patiently for us to return....)
2 posts for 6 weeks of fun, not bad!




6 comments:
Wow! I love the picture of all the kids on the dock, and the big family picture where everyone's there. I love your family!
Your whole trip looks really fun! I bet you had a great time with all your family and it is neat to see the big family pictures!
Those pictures are so fun!!! Don't you just LOVE family!!
Oh, This all looks like a DREAM! I can't believe how big the fam' is! I'm pretty sure we were just 5 yrs. old having tea parties right?? How did our families grow up so fast? Miss you. LOVE the post:)
Tara
awesome grandparents are the best! Now if we all lived closer to them :)
Looks like you had a super fun summer! Now that my kids are in school, I've got to get back to blogging and posting our summer adventures. Yay for family fun!
Post a Comment