Probably the biggest news around our house the past month is that after studying for 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT...Doug is finished with his big board test, Step 1. Wahoo!!
| The boy's good luck card the night before. |
We were all getting a little scared by that caveman that lived in the closet upstairs. He was usually scantly clothed (garments only!), completely covered in facial hair (as completely as the Douger can grow at 28 that is), and never smelling very fresh.
Sigh. Those were long, some times dark months. I guess this is the part where I thank Lorelai and Rory Gilmore (from The Gilmore Girls) for being the best companions almost every. single. night. for 3 months straight. We had really good times, us three. And really who needed the Douger anyway?
But the Douger has moved on from the closet once again. And while I did find oh so much to complain about for 3 long months, I will admit that we are kind of lonely again with him gone all day.
Good news: He is done and did a wonderful job!
Bad news: He still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.

3 comments:
i know those single parent feeling months all too well! and if it weren't for the gillmore girls and craft projects, i wouldn't have made it through either! :) glad he's back and smelling fresh!
and high five to us for being awesome wives! i think we deserve diplomas at graduation too.
Hurray for Doug and you! I absolutely hated boards...for all the same reasons. My bf was American Idol then So you think you can Dance. Never enjoyed TV so much.
Honestly though, I think I prefer school. Residency is killing me. Ugg. When does Doug graduate? Good luck on deciding what direction to head in!
You had an awesome Spring Break! Lucky! Sorry you are a Single mom, it does get better one day right? Looks like you are enjoying Texas, that is awesome that family comes to visit.
Post a Comment