We had such a blast celebrating our combined anniversary with Doug's twin brother Ben and Paige (their 1st!) We headed up to Strawberry, AZ to a cabin where it had recently started snowing. It was definitely an adventurous vacation (black ice, how do we get the smoke to actually go up the chimney?, Ben's fear of spiders, the VERY slow working heater in the cabin, making friends in high places at the Sports Chalet, callings those friends for help getting our car out of 2 feet of snow, the roads closed, thinking we were stuck with almost no food!, etc...) But the no kids, movies, games (Ben was official Monopoly champion), cross country skiing, sledding, and great company, made it so much fun! 

It was almost 2 feet of snow by the next morning! Needless to say, we could not get our car out the next morning and enjoyed cross country skiing to breakfast. Such a memorable (and freezing) anniversary!


6 comments:
How fun! Did they get married on your anniversary?
Dave and I are starting on our 2nd year, and it just seems to get better and better!
Wow, a combined anniversary. Sounds like quite the adventure. Happy 6th to you!
Happy Anniversary! That is fun you guys could get away for a little bit, even if it was freezing!
I forgot that you guys shared an anniversary! Glad you survived!
Your post title cracks me up! I've meant to tell you that I LOVE your Christmas card. Your hair is such an adorable length in that picture and I enjoyed your Christmas letter.
How fun! Congrats on 6 years!
Post a Comment