Wednesday, August 25, 2010

my greatest joy

In January I made three goals.  Goal #3 was to enjoy motherhood.  I wanted to try harder at having fun with my kids. Not just fall into the roll of parenting all day long.  That really isn't all that fun.  I am still working at my goal.  But it is very easy to enjoy my full time, every single day job, when my kids look like this...
But let's be honest.  Life is usually a little more like this...
Cal got a little creative with the baby powder while I was putting Rhett to bed.  When I came into get him get ready for bed and saw this mess I gasped and said, "What happened!"  Cal looked at me very seriously and said,  "I don't know who did it."   :) 

I do have the worlds best job!   

10 comments:

makana hansen said...

I laughed out loud! "I don't know who did it". How classic! Way to get a picture of it. Oh the memories.
I too seem to fall into that parenting not playing category. Thank you for the reminder and I think you are a great momma!

Merry said...

Oh my! It's funny to think that he thought he could fool you!

t.t.turner said...

Hey, Taylor's headed to Houston this coming Tuesday for an interview. His email is tay_81(at)yahoo(dot)com - he'd love to talk to you guys about Houston, etc., so shoot him an email! Love you guys!

Loni said...

Awesome post! :)

Kim said...

LOL! I love that last picture, it made my day! :) (I'm sure it didn't really make yours at the time!) Your boys are too cute! I need to try harder at that since I get home from work and am so "done" for the day I just go through the motions of cooking, cleaning, and laundry and never just have fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

this is the best, and is also the reality of motherhood, just think what you would of missed if you had been at work.

Heather said...

The things they get into is amazing...plus I love the whole "I don't know who did it" line. Too funny. Good goal, one that most of us - self included - should work on.

Anonymous said...

Annie!!! That pic of Cal is soooooo hilarious!! O that will be such a great picture to look back on and just laugh your head off!! Parenting is great!!!! Hahaha!

Tina said...

It's been so long. Look at you and your darling family. Gosh, those boys of your are so cute! Looks like you had a great summer with family. I too am focusing on all the fun things each day as a mom. It's much more exciting and it really is the greatest joy! Miss you!

Alison Fleming said...

We are experiencing parenthood now too. Luckily ours is too small to make such a big mess right now. We decided to name her Annie Pearl Fleming.