I love to sing. Is that new information to anyone out there? Certainly not to my family who can still sing along to "Sunlight! Come together with starlight! And together we'll shine, in the great, great big sky."
Yeah, that was just a song I made up when I was five.
Somehow out of all the numbers out there I was lucky enough to get the race # 123 tattooed all over my arm, legs, on my helmet, shirt, and on my bike.
Singing songs in my mind has always been my favorite race trick. Just think of the possibilities the numbers 123 gave me to sing! But somehow one little line from a children's song literally pushed me through the last 2 miles of the race. Over and over and over and over I sang,
"Some people are quick and have a fast pace, but slow and steady wins the race."
I didn't win the race but we did swim a 1/2 mile, bike 18.9 miles, and run 5 miles. For some reason that feels just as cool.
And now, I will stop blogging about this. :)

8 comments:
This is a huge thing! You are definitely not blogging about it too much! Haha! I am way impressed with your dedication and your fitness after 2 kids!
Hee hee! Awesome job doob...eerrr I mean dude! 2 posts isn't over-doing it...don't worry! :)
You are awesome! You look incredible by the way. Way to go!
Annie you are so dang cue, and I love reading about your wonderful day. What an accomplishment, I know
we should not be proud, but I think you deserve it.
Congratulations!! That is huge!! And I didn't know that you were training for it while you were pregnant!! Suddenly I'm feeling really out of shape:) I wish I was there to cheer you on! I'm interested to hear your comparison of a triathalon to a marathon. Let's talk:)
Congrats again!
Tara
I love the pictures of you guys! I am so impressed with all of the training and that you all finished the race! Congrats on this huge thing!!!
Holy Smokes!! You are AMAZING!
Very inspiring Annie! Looking good too. I need to get off my lazy butt and do a triathlon too.
Post a Comment