Saturday, August 18, 2007

More Time to Play

I am so excited! I finally finished the Independent Study class I was taking- "Classroom Management Strategies." I don't know that I have ever been more disciplined. I didn't start any book during this time because I knew I wouldn't have the desire to do my homework if I did. Here is my pile of books to start and 3 more came from Amazon today!





This is a good time to let anyone in the Gilbert area know that I am starting a book club! First meeting will be Thursday September 13th. Let me know if you are interested and I will email you the scoop.
With my new found freedom I have also enjoyed:

1. Outings to IKEA with my sisters (and Last Chance with Doug, but no pictures)

I highly recommend the Sweetish Meatballs if you have never tasted them! (Aimee is behind the camera- I'm sorry she is not in this picture!)


This picture was taken shortly before we lost Ava and Olivia...They were found by a worker back where all the fork lifts are in the gated area.

and 2. More time to play with my boys!

10 weeks old today!

13 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

Hi Annie! Cute Pics :) You must love your new found freedom...I love having time to do the things I enjoy. That is a big stack of books girlie, you better get to reading!

ty and megs said...

enjoy the books! i just finished twilight last night...it's a real quick read and i think you'll like it! :)

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

I love reading and good for you to start a book group. I think my book club is quite possibly my favorite activity. I look forward to it all month!

Karen said...

You know Maryann?! I LOVE Maryann....I don't have time right now, but I'm so excited to look through your blog some more. I'm SO glad to "see" you. I hope motherhood is going well for you. Do you feel normal again?! I hope so. Oh, I'm just so excited to hear from you, and to find out that you know Maryann!

Karen said...

Oh, also, (Sorry!) I am starting New Moon....and I can't believe you held off on Harry Potter 7 until now! You're incredible!!!

Karen said...

Okay, I've really got to stop leaving so may comments...but I keep remembering all these things to say. Why am I rambling? I noticed that you have the Tale of Despereaux in your stack. I read this to my students last year and they LOVED it! I really enjoyed it too. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Erin said...

YOU BLOG!! I just found you and I'm SUPER excited to have a new blogging buddy. And your little guy is SO cute. I need to meet him still. I am coming up to Mesa soon and we definitely need to get together! My blog address is householderfamily.blogspot.com. Check it out. LOVE YA LOTS!!

Erin said...

P.S. I love book clubs! Wish I was closer so that I could come to yours. I just finished Twilight and New Moon... I'm working on Eclipse and I'm a little bit more than obsessed. Hope you like them.

ForeverSarahLee said...

Ok... So you guys (the sisters pics) all look just oh SO cute! :0)

I am working at the scrap store, and see Alyssa and Sherri(?) from time to time. You should come by. And heck yes, I will totally have to stop by your parent's and say hi! Would love to chat, catch up and whatnot. I'd also love to see that baby boy of yours!

On the reading note, I would love to... but I literally JUST got into a book club with a ton of girls from work. We have our 2nd meeting Sept. 14th. We're reading "These Is My Words" right now. It's pretty good so far. ext on MY list is that Twilight book, and "Little Lady: Big Apple" Great book!

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

Annie,

I forgot to pass along to you that you might want to check out my friend, Erica's blog. She does "swaps" all the time and I think you may find her latest swap fun. Check it out at http://ericasbloggityblog.blogspot.com/

She loves newcomers if you are interested.

The Plake Family said...

Annie you look so happy in Arizona we miss you at the school!! Good luck with all of those books!!

Alyssa said...

Hi Annie, I'm so glad I found your blog. Callin is adorable!! I can't wait to see him in person! I'm adding you to our family list.
Catch up with us too, alyssaedwards.blogspot

Anonymous said...

Hey, i just realized your amail is on your blog. SO, i just sent a invite to you for my blog. Your little Callin is so cute. That was so fun getting together with everyone last week. Good idea.