We love spending time with Doug's extended Smoot family. It is always SUCH a party!
44 of us set sail out of Tampa, Florida aboard the Carnival Legend ship.
We had some very fun sea days on board the ship!
High's: all you can eat ice cream, Karaoke, fine dining, strip tease fashion shows, Mafia, the towel animals and daily Chocolates on our pillows.
Low's: Having to go back to the room and pump milk every 3 hours... but we sure did miss baby Ollie and Rhett who were safe at home with Grammy and Aunt Lindy!
1st stop Cozumel, Mexico
High: We visited the awesome Mayan ruins at Tulum.
Low: We never got to swim at that beautiful beach. And... World War III almost occurred due to mine and Doug's alarm clock dying during the night...
2nd stop Belize City, Belize
High: More Mayan ruins and Cave tubing with head lamps! Soo cool!
Low: Doug's new water proof camera died before he could try it out on his scuba diving adventure with 4 others. He described the crystal clear water and awesome life below the ocean though in much detail. :)
3rd stop Roatan, Honduras
High: Intense family volleyball game, swimming, relaxing, and window shopping.
Low: Not getting out of tourist town and seeing much of the real life out in the country.
4th stop Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
High: Seriously BEAUTIFUL ocean water... And no, we are not in a pool.
Low: Cal screaming bloody murder about getting in the water and missed out on snorkeling and feeding/petting/kissing the giant string ray's.
We had a rocky day discovering the boat/airlines would not let me fly home early from Grand Cayman as planned (Passport cards are NOT passports!)... but it miraculously all worked out in the end!
Cal was lucky enough to celebrate his 5th birthday on board the boat! Dad made it a special day (I had already flown home.) Despite the several melt downs, fits, and broken china in the Dining Room, we are so glad we got to have this one on one time with him. He is such a creative boy who talks of getting his own pet from sun up to sun down.
We owe a BIGGGGG thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Smoot for a wonderful week!!








7 comments:
So so fun! I'm jealous. I'm still holding out hope that we can all do a cruise one of these years! We would have so much fun. We miss you guys.
I love how you put the Highs and lows...cause there is always both on a trip!
We just did that exact same cruise, on the Legend! well, like a year ago. It is AMAZING!!!!
That looks like a PARTAY!! Wish I could be there just to watch :) So fun. Got your message the other day, I'll try to call you ASAP. After Wednesday, my life calms down a bit:) Love and miss you!
Tara
How fun! I love the "highs and lows" of each part of the trip :)
We took our family on the exact Cruise a few years ago, so fun--glad you had a good time too
agreed that Grand Cayman is the best. How fun that everyone was there together!
ps: we are headed back to BYU for the MBA program. We leave in 4 weeks....
Oh my gosh. So many great things I don't know what to comment on first....that must have been one heck of a schedule! ;) love how it's all kids front and center in the strip tease pic! And especially live cal's face in the nice dressed up group family pic!
I am SO jealous! Can't wait to talk more about it! I want to do the exact same thing!
Post a Comment