This has been a good pregnancy. I have not had much to complain about. But still I am looking forward to that light at the end. Somehow I have gone 38 weeks and not taken one classic belly picture of my changing body. So I am going to write about it, for my memories sake. (But I think I'll still make Doug take a picture tomorrow. Because it is rather shocking and I'm sure I will enjoy marveling at the size of my belly someday in the future.)
My pill box barely closes these days because it is so darn full. Yes, me and my grandma both have pill boxes.
My maternity clothes somehow have been shrinking drastically lately. My ankles are full. My legs are full. My chest is full-er. My bum is full. Even my nose is full. And just to prove my case, the lady at the temple's comment was, "You look like you are going to explode!" And then there was the nosey lady on the elevator who had to ask, "How many babies are you having?" But I am grateful for the Target cart-collector's sincere, "You look beautiful!" Even if he does say it to everyone.
My freezer is full of double pepperoni party pizza's. My pregnancy weakness. That and the heavenly broiled-turkey-havarti-avocado-bagel sandwich I created.
My tear ducts are full. I cry when I drive by a funeral procession. I cry when Cal is disobedient. I cry when Doug gets home too late.
My schedule is full. Besides the usual life of 2 kids, teaching preschool, NESTING and more NESTING, I had three midwives appointments in the past 7 days. Plus another 2 on Sunday and Monday. The problem: my amniotic fluid levels are not full. We'll see if they'll let me go two more weeks.
My nightstand is full of non-fiction books. 3 parenting books- to help me with the two children I already have, 2 birth books - to help me with the child I will soon have, 3 baby name books- to help me name the child I will soon have, The Real Romney, 3 Cups of Tea, The Book of Mormon. I cannot sit down and devour non fiction in the same way as a really good fiction book. I have found that I do best going back and forth between all 10 of them. Every time I leave for an appointment, it is always such a hard choice as to which one I will bring that day.
Every time I lay down... I am quickly grabbing the nearest bottle of tums. Heartburn, it makes you feel like you are so full all your food is going to spill right out of you. This kid better have some thick hair to make it all worth it. :)
And last but not least, I am full of gratitude and excitment. My little family is healthy and happy. We have been blessed in so many ways and we can't wait to meet the little guy. (Name still to be determined; remember the 3 baby name books....?!)
7 comments:
Oh my Annie! The end definitely is in sight! We are so excited for you guys! Wish we were closer so we could see this " fullness" in person! ;) we love you! Know you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
Good luck Annie! You do have a full, busy, crazy life. Let me know if your boys can come over to play during some of these appointments. Annie was so bummed that Rhett didn't come with Cal on Thursday. :)
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAD YOUR BABY TONIGHT!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS :)
What a great post on the day you had your baby! :)
Post/email/text something soon! I want to see some pics!!!!
P.s. Those tostinos pizzas are my pregnancy weakness too!!! We must be sisters!
Congrats Annie, can't wait to hear and see about the birth and baby!!
This post...it is so serene...so light...so calm and chatty...little did you know that later that day....!!!! :)
Love you dear!
Paola
Love the post Annie--but seriously, I'm waiting for the next one--can't wait to hear all about it--your dad filled me in on Sunday--hope all is going well
Post a Comment