Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Joy School Grad

I had so much fun with these 7 boys. 
They. have. so. much. energy.
so.
 It is so fun as a mother to watch your son "grow up."  I always wonder what type of man he will grow up to be.  I mean I know he will be a farmer, he tells me at least 10 times a day.  (And he tells me that is he practicing so hard everyday for college where he will learn all about what to feed his animals and what medicines to give them and how to drive a tractor and how to milk a cow....and he will go on for 20 minutes straight about all the great things in college he will learn about how to be a farmer.)   

But who will he really be.   He turns 4 next week, and while I don't claim to have him all figured out yet, I think I have a pretty good idea.  I think he will be kind of bossy, like his mom. I think he will have an extreme amout of focus, like his dad.  I think he will really love animals, like his Uncle Zach.  I think he will be a good communicator, like his Uncle Josh.  I think he will be really fun, like his Uncle Ben.  I think he will be a people person, like his Uncle CJ.  I think he will be smart, like his Uncle Ed.  I think he will be happy, like his Uncle Brian. And I think he will be dang handsome, like his Uncle Kelvin.    

I was down in the kitchen cleaning after I put the kids to bed and heard Cal get out of his room.  I was going to go up and be an annoying mother and give him a little lecture about "staying in your room after I tuck you in".  But he was fast and ran back to his room and I never heard another sound.  Several hours later when I made it up to my room I found his favorite dogs on our bed.  I think in the four years as a mother, this was the nicest thing one of my children have done for me yet. 

No matter who he turns out to be,  I will love him. 
And I am pretty sure he will be sweet and thoughtful.   

3 comments:

Monika said...

what a neat mother you are. love your posts! sweet boys you have. ps. it's the first day since preschool has let out. can i really survive?! lol

Leslee said...

That is so cute about Cal! Vet school maybe?

Heidi said...

What a cutie! He and Sam are definitely cousins.... Sam's greatest ambition is to be a zookeeper when he grows up.