Thursday, October 8, 2009

100 Days

I panicked as I realized that Cal only has 100 days left before he is dethroned. Before I shift the bulk of my energy and time to his little brother. Every mother says that you love each child the same. Apparently your heart expands. But seriously? This little guy and I have had the best two years ever! Here's to the next 100 days! We'll try and live them up!


...and now for your viewing pleasure: Callin Douglas.

(He is really into watching himself on the little screen. The "love you" and kisses at the end make the ABC's worth listening to.)






9 comments:

Amy and Dave B. said...

I remember sitting in my rocking chair with Paityn when I was pregnant with Andee thinking, "it won't just me, Dave and Paityn anymore" and having tears well up in my eyes. Kind of a bittersweet time! But then that new one comes along and it's like they were always there with you. Enjoy your 100 days!

anna said...

It really is an amazing thing - how your heart just grows. Clarke and I think it is part of the sealing power - that once they're here, it is hard to remember life without them.

And remember, babies are cute and squishy, and don't talk back or dump out all the oatmeal - so they're pretty easy to love and accept into your home :)

If anything, I think you might need to worry that Callin won't love YOU as much anymore - I've never seen a kid so enamored with babies :)

Loni said...

I totally understand Annie! The night before I was induced with Shep, I totally balled when I tucked Ella into bed. I knew I would be leaving for the hospital long before she woke up and when I got back, my days of just my best little girlfriend and I would be over. It was sad to say farewell to those sweet years. But remarkably, Shep has only added to the joy. Not that it makes it any easier to have to say no, that we can't read stories because I have to do something for the baby, but like any sacrifice, it's worth it. As I'm sure you know. :)

Enjoy your next 100 days!!

Gonzalez Family said...

I haven't ever thought of that! It does sound very bittersweet. I hope you love these last days with only one baby. I'm sure you will. Love is an amazing thing. I can't believe how much capacity we have to love. I feel like I must have reached mine and then my love for Ella grows so I can't even imagine what life will be like when my family is complete.

ty and megs said...

he's such a doll! i wish he and mckinlay could play!
i hear you on the dethroning of child #1. i'm kinda sad it won't be me and my speical little buddy anymore, you know? but so excited to have a new baby and for mckinlay to be a big sister. i have had almost 3 years of her to myself.

Klay and Katie Bingham said...

He is so cute! Smart too! Bodey's only 11 months and he loves wayching himself in the camera too! Here's to baby boys. :)

Laura said...

Wow! First of all, I had no idea you were expecting #2! Congrats!! How awesome for Cal to have a little brother!

Next, I just read the post about Ben being engaged. Will you pass on my congratulations?!! I'm not on Facebook or anything so I hardly keep up on anybody anymore. But...I'm very excited for him--she looks like a cute girl!

Chase & Tricia said...

That is such a tender post....

It's nice that you take time to cherish these moments so they don't slip by too fast.

Keller Clan Mom said...

That was absolutely precious! Isaac loved watching Callin talk. Maybe I should teach him his ABC's too? I had fun catching up on your blog recently. I only pop in & out of the blogging world so often. But it is so great to see what you are up to. You look MAH VE LUS! I love you annie bangs.