Here is the first time, the cammera was close at hand. The second time he more like ate the paint and we were frantic to get it out of his mouth and went ahead and skiped the picture.
We have met some wonderful people. We had 2 dinner invites at church. A nice guy from the ward spent about 3 hours mowing and working on our lawn. We just got back from taking cookies to the neighbors and I can't stop smiling about how cute and friendly they all were.
I took this picture tonight of Doug playing the piano and Callin reading. I know it is not the best, but I just have to say Cal and I have loved having Doug around all week. He has totally impressed me with his desire to become a handyman. He has done a great job fixing things around the house. (Thanks James for all the phone consulations!)
We felt the fringes of the Hurricane Dolly. It rained for about 3 days and we had huge thunderstorms each night. These were the kind of storms my dad would love. I will always be grateful I had a dad who would wake us up to come and watch the Arizona monsoons. I was a little scared of the loudness of it all,
Doug starts orientation for med school on Monday with an over night retreat. I am having a darling other 1st years wife over to spend the night.
If you can't tell by now..."I think I'm gonna like it here!" (Imagine Annie the orphan singing that line.)
17 comments:
YEAH! I'm so glad you're loving it! It looks like a blast and I'm sure there are people that are just so ready to become great friends! Have fun!
Also, when my voice comes back I have to call and tell you about Dr. Werther. I don't think I've ever hated anyone, but I think he's the first. OOH. I can't even say his name without cringing. We'll talk later.
Tara
That all sounds so fun Annie! You are so cute... you totally would take cookies to your neighbors! You really inspired me to get out there and meet new people in our new town. I AM sad that you don't live in AZ anymore though! PLEASE call me when you come back to visit and I'll make a special trip to Gilbert.
how fun annie! glad you are quickly getting settled. i'm sure you will love texas and i know texas is already loving you. :)
We're so glad you got there safe and settled!! Wow, what an adventure. We miss you though...let's try to plan a get together soon!! (I know that sounds ridiculous with med school starting...but we can do it!!)
Love ya guys
Your house looks so cute, Annie! Congrats on making it through the big move! Callin is getting so big!
I love how positive your move sounds. Sleepovers already and cookies to the neighbors--you really do know how to get involved quickly. Can't wait to see my favorite nephew (on the Lewis side of course) in August.
Ha ha I kept singing the "I think I'm gonna like it here" song too when we went back to Florida to look for a place to live. I hope we have just as wonderful of an experience at first. I am a little nervous. Two weeks!
Congrats on your new home! You guys look so happy:)
Also, congrats on your guys' new brother! How wonderful that must be for everyone! And I must add, he is so handsome! :)
I'm so happy for you guys! The house looks grerat and I'm glad that everyone is being so friendly to you and the family (but who wouldn't with you guys)! :) That's the one thing I miss in Texas is the thunderstorms. They're awesome!
How fun! Your house looks cute! That sounds like a perfect place for you. I love friendly people.
Annie, I am SO excited for you to get to your new HOME. I say home because within no time that is exactly what it will be. You have the most amazing, warm, loving personality...the people of Texas are going to be glad to have you near.
Hey Annie! I saw your blog on Britney Bassetts so I thought I would check it out. How exciting your now in Texas! My sis-in-law just moved there and they love it! Whitney is moving to Texas in 3 weeks too! Im glad to see it wasnt a hard adjustment. Ive been in Vegas for the last 2 yrs in Dental School and its so much fun! You will quickly befriend all the med school wives and love it. Good luck with everything. Tell Doug hi for us. Your little boy is sure darling!
Afton (Kuzdas) West
camfton.blogspot.com
I'm so happy you're doing well down there. Thanks for calling me this week! It was so fun to catch up. Callin is HUGE! I can't believe how big he looks. Hopefully we'll be talking soon! Love ya!
Annie your house is so cute! I'm so excited for you guys and you're new life in Texas, it sounds like you're having a great time and that is so awesome you're teaching preschool out there.
Good luck with everything.
Annie and Doug,
I'm ecstatic that I found your blog the other day! I know my dad wishes that there was a medical school in G-Town area that would have allowed you guys to stay in the 6th ward. I wish the best for you guys. Check out our blog at daveandamychoules.blogspot.com.
David
Who is that good looking girl in the first picture? Glad you guys made it safe and sound. Doug as a handyman? Who would have thought?
Serious Annie Callin is getting so big! It was fun to see you guys in your new TX house. You will have the best experience of your life down there. I am so happy for you! Love ya tons!
Post a Comment